Senior External Affairs Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Senior External Affairs Manager to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £50,000- £60,000 per annum.
Peabody and Family Mosaic have merged, creating a new housing association providing 55,000 homes to 111,000 people across London and the South East. Our combined scale and strong focus on London will uniquely position us to revolutionise housing delivery and redefine best practice - and you will be central to making it happen.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
Peabody are happy to announce this great opportunity for an experienced Senior External Affairs Manager to join the organisation. The role will based at our office in Towerbridge, however will require regular travel to Thamesmead. The post-holder will need to develop and deliver a communications strategy that informs, influences and actively manages relationships with key stakeholders, including residents, Greenwich and Bexley Council, the GLA and Central Government.
Work with stakeholders to identify emerging policies and trends and link these with Peabody Thamesmead activities to further raise awareness of Thamesmead and enhance the reputation of Peabody.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required by the ideal Senior External Affairs Manager:
- Substantial experience of developing and implementing communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience of delivering communications programmes which engage a wide range of local, regional and national stakeholders
- Experience of delivering community and grassroots campaigns, with a strong customer focus
- Experience in media relations and managing sensitive issues
- Demonstrable understanding of local government and placemaking
- Ability to work on several initiatives at once, and flexibility to work to set deadlines.
- Strong project management and influencing skills across various stakeholders.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- Experience of supporting regeneration plans as part of a communications team
Qualifications required by the ideal Senior External Affairs Manager:
- Degree-level qualification
Closing date & time: 27th September 2017- 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Senior External Affairs Manager please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST