Are you an experienced transportation training professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at the business. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Driver Trainer for our team in Burgess Hill, working 45 hours a week.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Driver Trainer, you will deliver a structured assessment and training system to the LGV driving staff in the West Sussex region for the safe and efficient driving in accordance with all regulations. your responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing a driver training system that is accredited by the relevant regulatory authorities and ensuring all LGV drivers in West Sussex are assessed to this standard.
- The structured training programme shall aim to increase productivity, reduce accidents, reduce incidents of damage and meet the requirements of Driver CPC.
- Provide investigations and reports on road transport accidents, other accidents, attend disciplinary hearings as required, including the hearing of specific cases.
- Provide an annual training programme for all LGV drivers updated on a quarterly basis which includes specific details of training required by individuals.
- Implementation and maintenance of satisfactory records of training undertaken
- Provide the necessary training to all Viridor LGV drivers to meet Driver CPC requirements and any other future or amended legislation that affects the driving team.
The ideal Driver Trainer will have:
- Previous experience of delivery of driver training and/or toolbox talks
- Operational understanding of all typical waste collection vehicles and trailer types.
- Knowledge and understanding of all current and near future regulations that affect the transport industry.
- LGV Licence Class 1.
- DCPC - National standard.
- Recognised qualification in Health and Safety, IOSH , NEBOSH of equivalent.
In return for your hard work as Driver Trainer, we can offer a salary of £27,000 - £30,000 plus company phone and laptop; as well as excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Driver Trainer, then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 4th September 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.